The cat food dispenser is a judicious device more and more sought after by masters. It replaces the traditional mess tin. The kibble dispenser comes in different models, some being more sophisticated than others. Let’s take a closer look at its strengths, possible drawbacks and see what its price range is.
Cat food dispenser: advantages
This accessory for cats presents multiple advantages to know :
- Keeps food safe from dust and bacteria,
- Prevents food from drying out,
- Preserves the freshness and the good smell of the food,
- Automatically distributes food as and when required,
- Allows the cat to feed independently, that is to say even when its owner is not at home, for a day or even several days depending on the models,
- Avoids the diffusion of odor in the room where it is located,
- Easy to use for the chat,
- Easy to clean,
- Non-slip (if it is fitted with specific feet, which is not the case for all models).
A kibble distributor therefore presents innumerable advantages for the cat as much as for the owner who does not have to be at the disposal of his animal when he wants to eat. And it is reassuring for an owner to know that his little companion is not at risk of starving in his absence as long as he has of course taken care to fill the device sufficiently …
Cat food distributor: disadvantages
Full of qualities, the cat food distributor presents few inconveniences. We can at most blame him its high price since it is a very sophisticated model, programmable and moreover able to store croquettes in one compartment and wet food in the other either in sachet, box, etc …
We can therefore regret that small budgets can only afford a basic model.
Cat food dispenser: the different models
We now have a wide choice of devices, which makes it possible to buy the one that perfectly meets the needs of the animal. Each model has a particularity, such as:
- The toy dispenser which mentally stimulates cats regardless of their age but also physically since they are entertained while eating. It is a little elaborate accessory, but useful for cats with a tendency to overweight because they lack activity for example.
- The two-compartment dispenser, one for croquettes, the other for wet food and sometimes incorporating a refrigerated pocket for the conservation of the most sensitive foods. There is even a integrated refrigeration system permanently on models that connect to the mains.
- The 2 in 1 system dispensing fromwater and croquettes, some models even combining a real water fountain.
- The large models which can store the equivalent of several food rations capable of covering the cat’s needs over several days,
- Those equipped with timer essential if you want the croquettes to always be distributed at the same times of the day and night,
- The cat food dispenser, programmable via a smartphone app which allows the master among other things:
- To speak live to his little companion (for example from his workplace) when the kitty is eating at the distributor,
- Record voice messages for the kitty such as calling him when it’s time to eat, and schedule the times for the messages to be broadcast,
- To know precisely how much kibble is still in stock in the device,
- To be alerted when the time has come to reload the food compartments,
- To set up a specific food plan,
- To be informed of the duration of the meal of your cat …
- Associated with a medallion equipped with microchip with which we equip the cat so that when it approaches it is recognized by the device: it opens so that the little feline can restore itself then closes again as soon as the cat moves away.
Depending on the case, the devices can operate without energy or on mains, on battery or even with batteries.
The most sophisticated models with medallion and microchip are particularly appreciated by families who have several cats, but one of them must have a therapeutic feeding for example in case of allergy or other. He is then the only one who can access the specific croquettes that the master has stored in the distributor. It is also the model to choose so that the dog in the house or the cats of the neighbors no longer come to steal the kitty food as soon as it has its back turned.
As for the programmable model via an application is The must to adopt in particular if you have an obese cat who must absolutely benefit from a food rebalancing and be rationed. But it is also suitable for kitties who do not like to be alone all day and therefore reassure themselves as soon as they hear the voice of their master through their food distributor.
Cat food dispenser: price
Prices vary greatly given the diversity of models. As an indication, it is necessary to count:
- From 5 € for a toy kibble dispenser,
- Between 10 and 12 € for a basic manual model with a simple opening and closing flap allowing the croquettes to fall into a plastic compartment,
- From 20 to 30 € for the manual 2 in 1,
- From 100 € for the automatic 2 in 1,
- From 120 € for the kibble and wet food dispenser with integrated refrigeration system (to be connected to the mains),
- 150 € for the pinnacle of the neat design range.
With such equipment, the cat is not likely to lack good care even if its owner cannot be present to distribute the kitty daily rations. This is really the device that is worth investing in so that the cat either but 100% autonomous. In this case, do not skimp on the price so that the kitty has the latest kibble dispenser.