According to the Institute of Cardiology, it is estimated that more than 200,000 people die each year from cardiovascular disease, accounting for 33% of the total deaths, 20 times more than the number of deaths due to cancer.
Worth mentioning, according to experts’ prediction, this number continues to increase and there is no sign of stopping if each of us does not recognize and adjust in time from the stage of heart overload.
The heart works on average 100,000 beats / 24h, pumping 2,000 liters of blood through 96,500km of the entire length of the blood vessel system in the body.
The heart “works” so hard, but every day, it also suffers from many risk factors such as smoke, alcohol, stress, along with inadequate nutrition and unhealthy lifestyles … adds weight to the heart, leading to an overloaded heart.
If not changed, in the long run, it will affect the performance as well as the structure and function of the heart and increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Noted at the Heart Institute of Ho Chi Minh City and Thong Nhat Hospital, there are many young people with heart disease.
Just 30 years old, but Mr. VVT, living in Long An, has had heart surgery 5 months ago. Mr. T. said that at first he had chest pain, and at night he could not sleep. During the examination, doctors diagnosed him with an aortic aneurysm, hospitalized to replace the aorta, attached mechanical valves.
23kg shot cost more than 100 million to treat and can not count the mental damage weighed on his shoulder and his family during that time.
Mr. T. said that no family member has heart disease, he himself does not have congenital heart disease. However, he admits that he has a habit of drinking a lot since the age of 22, 10 times a month, 4-5 times less a month, each time he drinks 7-8 bottles of beer.
Waiting for my turn to take medicine, Mr. TN (49 years old, living in Long Thanh, Dong Nai) talked to us: “Last year, the doctor diagnosed me with coronary stenosis, had to dilate and put a stent (stent). arteries – PV) to expand and restore blood circulation to the heart muscle.
I also did not expect heart disease to “find” me. At first, I thought it was due to my age, but when I reviewed it, maybe due to the specifics of my work, I had to be under pressure for a long time, and I was also burdened with my family, so I became irritable and angry when I had. Something does not satisfy me “.
He added that every time the heart was stressed, the heart was beating hard and fast, so doctors were suspecting that the heart was overloaded from that stage.
To get valuable scientific information about “heart overload” and “offload” advice for the heart, Youth had a meeting with a cardiologist – TS.BS. Pham Tran Linh, Vietnam Society of Cardiology and dietitian – Assoc. Le Bach Mai, former deputy director of the National Institute of Nutrition.
* What are the notes in the lifestyle and spirit to reduce the load on the heart, expert?
– TS.BS. Pham Tran Linh: Regular exercise for at least 30 minutes every day has a marked benefit in reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease. Regular physical exercise reduces the risk of a heart attack, while improving your ability to survive a heart attack.
At the same time, I recommend quitting unhealthy habits like smoking, alcohol, and staying up late. Try to keep positive, avoid stress … so that the heart does not have to bear any more burden.
* Expert, how nutrition will limit the risk of heart overload?
– Assoc.Prof. PhD .BS. Le Bach Mai: Just remember 3 things to limit and 2 things to add. Specifically, 3 things to limit include eating salty (less than 5g of salt per day), sweets (energy from refined sugars is less than 10% of the total energy for the day), and eating fast food.
2 things to supplement include heart-healthy foods, especially those rich in fiber (vegetables, fruits, and fruits) and heart-healthy fats (rich in antioxidants, helping to limit the absorption of bad cholesterol).
* Dear expert, so it can be said that the condition of an overloaded heart is easy to meet, but it is not difficult to prevent it?
– TS.BS. Pham Tran Linh: It can be considered that. So it’s not hard to “offload” the heart, as long as we are truly aware that this is a serious problem, we need to act now, without hesitation.