The infinity pool is the ultimate in terms of the development of a private aquatic area. We love this endless line of water that merges with the horizon, giving an impression of immensity. In addition to this luxurious touch that it brings to the property, the infinity pool has many advantages. But before opting for this type of development, you must also be interested in its drawbacks and the constraints it imposes. Finally, the price of its construction is not to be neglected either. Spotlight on the infinity pool.
Infinity pool: its specificities
This high-end pool is the dream of all private pool lovers because it is absolutely splendid. Its principle differs from that of conventional swimming pools, and there are two kinds of infinity pools, namely:
- The partial infinity pool: it does not have a coping. She is also baptized waterfall infinity pool. The water in the basin overflows on one or two sides and is collected below:
- Either by a chute,
- Or by the buffer tank which is nothing other than another basin whose surface represents at least 1/10 of that of the swimming pool.
- The mirror pool : its operating principle is the same as for the waterfall model, except that the water continuously overflows all around the basin and is then collected by the buffer tank. It is the most rare which is, but undeniably the most aesthetic. The visual result that we get with this arrangement is truly fabulous.
Whatever the type of infinity pool, the water collected in the buffer tank circulates through the filtration system and then returns to the large pool. via the delivery nozzles. Depending on the installation, these are located on the sides of the pool or at the bottom of the pool.
As regards the buffer tank, it can be arranged according to individual tastes in order to accommodate a slide for example or a water jet device, or even a waterfall. It is also an ideal element for toddlers since it can act as a paddling pool.
Infinity pool: its advantages
The infinity swimming pool differs from all other swimming pools by the following advantages:
- Very high-end product,
- With a rare aesthetic,
- Seems less artificial than a classic swimming pool,
- Blends in perfectly with the landscape,
- Is particularly welcoming,
- No visible water line,
- Gives an impression of immensity,
- Strengthens the feeling of well-being,
- Brings an indisputable added value to the property,
- Limits the risk of discoloration,
- Easier to clean than a conventional basin.
The pool water is always clean since the overflow is continuous. The residues of solar products, plant debris, insects and other dirt are immediately evacuated in a natural way, therefore not having time to soak up water and sink to the bottom of the pool, which allows to spend less time cleaning with a landing net, a vacuum cleaner or a pool robot.
Infinity pool: its drawbacks and constraints
Much appreciated for its beauty and the many advantages it offers, the infinity pool has some drawbacks that can put off many people. He is criticized for the following points:
- Requires a substantial budget.
- Consumes energy because it is essential to install a very powerful pump, the water flow must be very regular and constant.
- Its construction requires a preliminary study of the ground because not all the grounds are not compatible with this type of arrangement.
- It is more difficult for water to maintain the right temperature.
- The water evaporates more quickly, compared to a conventional basin.
- The risk of scaling is high. Lime treatments must therefore be carried out very frequently in order to protect the various equipment such as the coating, the filtration system, etc.
- Makes the purchase of an automatic pH regulator essential, because the hydrogen potential is extremely variable.
- A level probe and a pump must be installed in the main swimming pool but also in the buffer tank,
- Requires a custom-made blanket when its shape goes beyond the standards or that it is a very large infinity pool.
Of a high tech, the construction of an infinity pool can only be carried out by a professional who has a great deal of expertise in this field.
Infinity pool: construction price
Due to the complexity of its installation, whether it is a partial infinity pool or a mirror pool, but also the precautions to be taken upstream, its construction price is much higher than for a traditional swimming pool. It is 25 to 30% higher. It’s here most expensive swimming pool on the market, but we are here in very high-end …
It is necessary to devote at least 30,000 to 35,000 €, to which is added the price of equipment and arrangements around the swimming pool so that the luxury aquatic area is worthy of the name, which represents at least 15% on top of the construction cost. For information, to build a very large mirror swimming pool in a completely new shape, you have to pay briskly a good hundred thousand euros. But it is also necessary to take into account the maintenance and electricity costs, the price of a suitable shelter, as well as the cost of installing a security system …
In order to save on labor, some people may be tempted by a kit infinity pool, small area, the price of which is around € 20,000. But to build it, it is imperative to have masonry knowledge up to the task and demonstrate great rigor because installing an infinity pool is far from a DIY. If the rules of the art are not respected, the consequences may be catastrophic.
To know the budget to devote to the construction and development of an infinity pool, it is absolutely necessary to submit your project to a pool specialist. It is possible to quickly receive several quotes using a swimming pool comparator online, a reliable, easy-to-use, completely free and zero-obligation tool.