If the pool enclosure remains the most popular safety device for the comfort it provides, the motorized version is an option that will be even more enjoyable. It must be admitted that this type of opening allows a smooth and above all effortless adjustment. Let’s take stock of the characteristics of the motorized swimming pool enclosure, its advantages and disadvantages, and study its installation price.
What does a motorized pool enclosure consist of?
It is possible to motorize several types of pool enclosures. Telescopic models, sliding models and semi-sliding models, both high and low, can be motorized. The motorization allows you to open and close your shelter completely or partially without manual intervention. A motor drives the pool enclosure for you, which brings you significant comfort in use.
A pool enclosure can be purchased motorized or may be motorized at a later date as long as it is a compatible model, but a subsequent motorization will cost more than an already motorized enclosure.
There are different motorization devices. Either way, you will need to invest in purchasing a motor that matches your shelter model; in other words, the heavier your pool enclosure, the more powerful the motor must be. It is also better to opt for a quiet motor, as some are very unpleasant for you and your neighborhood to use. Finally, you can choose an engine that has interesting features, such as reversibility in the event of a breakdown which requires manual handling, or even a solar power supply for the engine to reduce energy costs. Of course, these options come at a cost.
Motorized pool enclosures and the law
You can completely buy a motorized pool enclosure or have your pool enclosure motorized provided that it complies with standard NF P 90-309. Your swimming pool enclosure must resist any attempt to open a child under 5 years old and not contain any element liable to injure him.
If your motorized pool enclosure is designed for a pool with a surface area of less than 10 m², you will not have to take any administrative steps. If the pool measures between 10 and 100 m² and the shelter does not exceed 180 cm in height, a prior declaration of work at the town hall will be sufficient. Finally, for any pool greater than 100 m² and for any shelter with a height greater than 180 cm, you will need to obtain a building permit.
In addition, know that your motorized swimming pool enclosure is subject to the planning laws of your municipality. If it should not be located less than 3 meters from the boundaries of your plot, it should also not present any noise disturbance for your neighborhood or impact the view in a classified or protected area.
What are the advantages of a motorized swimming pool enclosure?
The advantages of a motorized swimming pool enclosure are numerous:
- Handling a pool enclosure is not always easy, especially when it is heavy or low. The engine therefore provides real comfort in use. An advantage for everyone, but especially for people who are fragile or suffer from back problems.
- The pool enclosure can be manipulated at will and as needed. It is thus possible to protect oneself quickly in the event of bad weather, but also to protect the pool.
- This type of shelter can be operated by a single person.
- Ventilating your pool will no longer be a chore since the motorized pool enclosure can be opened or closed remotely, using the remote control.
- Safety is enhanced since children cannot access the pool without activating the pool enclosure using the remote control. Thus, no matter how much they try to force access, they will not be able to enter.
- It is quite possible to motorize a compatible swimming pool enclosure model if it was purchased without motorisation.
What are the disadvantages of a motorized swimming pool enclosure?
Despite its advantages, the motorized swimming pool enclosure can have certain disadvantages.
- The motorization is not compatible with all models and is limited to telescopic, sliding and semi-sliding shelters.
- It is essential to invest in a powerful engine, especially for heavy structures. However, a shelter often weighs very heavy and the adapted motors are expensive.
- It is necessary to regularly maintain the motorization of the swimming pool enclosure, which takes time and adds costs. It is also important to clean the rails regularly to prevent the guide from being disturbed by residues of any kind.
How much does it cost to install a motorized swimming pool enclosure?
Motorizing a pool enclosure has a greater or lesser cost depending on the model chosen. On average, it takes between 2,500 and 5,000 euros to motorize this type of structure. To this cost, you will have to add that of the swimming pool enclosure itself, which can vary between 3,000 and 40,000 euros!
For the installation of your motor, count on average between 200 and 1000 euros, depending on the model of swimming pool enclosure chosen.