No Republican front in the second round of the 2022 presidential election


If in 2017, a “republican front” had emerged to block Marine Le Pen in the second round of the presidential election, this will not be the case in 2022.

The “republican front” is fading little by little

A survey conducted by Harris Interactive for Commstrat and published by Opinion reveals that more and more French people will not stand united to block the National Rally of Marine Le Pen in the event of a second round, Le Pen-Macron in 2022. If the President Emmanuel Macron still emerges the winner according to the polls with 53% of the voting intentions, the gap has narrowed considerably with Marine Le Pen who obtains 47%.

The investigation highlights that the abandonment of the “republican front” is shared by voters on the right and on the left, from Republicans to rebels. Thus, 52% of supporters of Jean-Luc Mélenchon intend to vote white or to abstain. to vote in the event of a duel between Marine Le Pen and Emmanuel Macron. For the remaining 48%, 24% would turn to the Republic in March and 24% to the National Rally.

Ecologists stand behind Emmanuel Macron

If the rebellious voters are divided, on the side of Europe Ecology the Greens the heart swings towards the President of the Republic. 51% would vote for Emmanuel Macron, 45% would abstain or vote white and only 5% would turn to Marine Le Pen. The Republicans, for their part, are more divided. 41% do not wish to take a position, 38% would turn to the outgoing president and 21% to the National Assembly.

The investigation also examines the loyalty of the electoral base of the two prospective finalists. Thus, Emmanuel Macron will be able to count on 66% of his electorate in 2017 and Marine Le Pen on 84%. A stronger loyalty to Marine Le Pen which can be explained by the youth of the presidential party.