The English word pool is translated into French by swimming pool or basin. So that pool house is the name given to the shelter located near your swimming pool and which according to your tastes can have multiple uses. Some use it as a technical room for the swimming pool, others to change and put on a swimsuit while still others consider it as an outdoor kitchen for barbecues or a bar for long evenings. summer. For a pu, some would almost make it a second home! Let’s see how to properly design and furnish your pool house.
How will your pool house be used?
Should you plan to install electricity, heating and water? Do you want to arrange it as you could for your home? Before considering a pool house, the best thing is still to define the function you want to assign to it: a living room or a garden kitchen? A cloakroom with sanitary facilities, shower and toilets? Additional storage space for everything garden-related? There are many ways to get planning advice. They range from your own ideas and wishes to suggestions from family, acquaintances and friends or inspirations from certain websites, to those of the architect who once planned your home. The more you anticipate the design, the better the realization of your pool house.
Pool house: how to properly design this construction?
Here are some examples :
- A technical room and a storage space. They are essential but must be reduced to a minimum. Lawn mowers and other electric garden equipment greatly disrupt the atmosphere of a pool house; leave them in the garden shed or tool shed.
- A space to relax, such as a sauna or a hammam.
- An outdoor lounge. This will be the place to take a nap, under a parasol in the shade and sheltered from the wind. Then install sliding doors.
- An outdoor kitchen. Equip your pool house as a pantry with grill and refrigerator, enough to dress up a buffet and barbecue. Plan a household appliance to break the ice, enough to offer ice cubes in your guests’ cocktails!
- Cloakroom. Where should your pool users change and shower before and after bathing, if not in your pool house directly by the pool?
When it comes to pool house layout, variety is essential
There are almost no limits to the ideas of building and furnishing a pool house. They can be placed independently in the garden, or directly attached to your house. The central element is the swimming pool in the heart of your garden, and it should be complemented by a nice aesthetic and practical pool house. Your pool house must be open and ventilated. This eventually goes through easy to use sliding doors and large windows. The art of furnishing consists in combining the pleasant and the practical, according to the principle: to bring technology and technique inside but optimizing the space so as to leave room for relaxation and relaxation. leisure. This ranges from the sauna to a comfortable living room including sanitary facilities.
Pool house: have you thought about regulations and security?
Unlike simple garden sheds, for some pool houses, and in particular for modern pool houses, certain authorizations must be requested. Find out about the regulations in this area. Applications may differ locally. Especially with regard to the distance from the neighborhood. Remember to insure your pool house. The simplest and most effective way is still to contact the insurer who insures your home directly.
Building your pool house: the key points to remember
If you follow the planning tips below and answer the questions, your pool house planning is guaranteed to be a complete success.
- Do you need to provide storage space for garden furniture, barbecue, pool technology, etc.
- What is the probable average number of users of your pool house?
- What will be the predominant function of your pool house?
- What pool house materials should you choose and for what reasons; what can you and what will you afford?
- Are you considering pool house furniture and if so, in what style: classic, modern, etc. ?
- Do you plan yourself or with the help of a specialist professional?
- Where is the ideal location for your pool house in my garden?
- What official authorizations are required?
- What budget do you have? Nothing prevents you from implementing the realization of your pool house in several stages.
- What does your family say about your pool house ideas?
- What is the timeframe to plan for the realization of your pool house?
Treat yourself to a house adjoining your swimming pool in the form of a pool house, it really gives a boost to summer life in your house. From a classic house, it almost becomes a vacation home. Well-being, rest, everything is now truly at your doorstep, in the literal sense of the term. So make sure that your pool house fits as harmoniously as possible into the landscape made up of your home and your swimming pool.