Getting your pet cared for in the event of illness or accident can be very expensive. And when there are few resources, even a routine consultation, vaccination or even sterilization seriously impact the budget. Also, to take care of the health of his little companion, the only solution is to insure him with a mutual fund for animals. In this way, it is possible to obtain reimbursement of veterinary expenses, either partially or totally, depending on the formula chosen. Let’s do a check in.
In France, animal health professionals freely set their prices. This is the reason why healthcare costs can double from one vet to another. We note that in the clinic, they are of the order of 30% higher than in a practitioner working in an office, but this is explained by the fact that a clinic has sophisticated equipment and very often provides a permanent service in order to to respond to emergencies, including at night, on weekends and on holidays.
As an indication, the average prices observed for routine veterinary procedures are the following.
- Consultation: 30 to 50 €,
- Vaccination: 50 to 80 €,
- Sterilization: for a dog (male), from 100 to 130 € and between 150 and 450 € for a bitch depending on her weight on the one hand and the operation performed on the other hand, namely:
- Oophorectomy or removal of the ovaries,
- Hysterectomy or removal of the uterus,
- Ovariohysterectomy, removal of the ovaries and uterus.
- Descaling: between 100 and 300 €,
- From a cyst: 150 to 200 €,
- From a tumor: 500 to 800 €.
- The basic formula which partially covers routine veterinary consultations and care, certain procedures and hospitalization costs, whether in the event of illness or accident.
- The medium range formula which also covers certain preventive acts at least partially, such as vaccination, sterilization, and even deworming for example.
- The high-end formula which offers a extensive coverage. The reimbursement ceiling is much higher than that of the other formulas and this type of contract allows in addition to benefiting from a financial contribution to keep an animal whose owner is hospitalized, to have his dog or cat searched if he is has lost or been stolen… At least partial coverage of euthanasia costs is often provided for in a high-end package like many other guarantees.
We must also count the cost of more or less heavy treatments depending on the case. From the simple management of a dermatological condition to radiotherapy sessions through physiotherapy, the bill can be very salty. But there is no other choice than to do everything possible to take care of your animal, following an accident or an illness. We cannot therefore encourage too much the owners of a dog, a cat or a NAC to look as soon as possible towards a animal insurance in order to significantly reduce the burden of veterinary costs on their finances.
Insure your animal to be reimbursed for health expenses
Health insurance for a pet it’s not mandatory. However, many masters resort to it because they have understood that it is the only solution to take care of their little companion throughout his life without spending a lot of money on it. It is indeed possible to get reimbursed up to 100% expenses incurred within the limit of an annual ceiling.
All health insurance for dogs, cats and NAC offer different formulas, each guaranteeing specific coverage. Once the contract takes effect, the insurer reimburses, in part or in full, the expenses incurred according to the conditions provided for. In return, the owner of the animal must pay his contribution.
The AC cat dog insurance works in the same way as our complementary Health insurance. Reimbursements are made as soon as the master sends the insurer the care sheet completed by the veterinarian accompanied by the invoice and the prescription if medication has been prescribed and therefore the pharmacist’s invoice in this case. The refund amount is usually directly transferred to the applicant’s bank account.
Animal health insurance: choosing the right level of guarantee for better reimbursement
Insuring your animal with a mutual health insurance is very easy. What is a little more complicated is knowing which formula to choose because there are several levels of guarantee and it is on this that the degree of coverage depends. In general, each NAC dog cat insurance company offers three formulas, namely:
Each insurer is free to concoct its formulas, it is essential to use a comparator of animal health mutuals to compare the offers in terms of prices of course but also of guarantees.
Thanks to the online comparison tool, the interested party quickly receives (free of charge and without obligation) various offers. He can thus read the general conditions in order to choose the contract best suited to the needs of your pet. It is important, before signing a contract, to read:
- The level of support,
- The annual reimbursement ceiling,
- The age limit beyond which the animal cannot be insured,
- From the franchise,
- The waiting period, knowing that some companies offer animal insurance without waiting period and without franchise, even no age limit,
- Terms of termination,
- The amount of contributions and the method of payment (by check, direct debit, etc.),
- The frequency of contributions knowing that some insurers offer monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, or even annual payment.
Sometimes, for a slightly higher contribution, one can choose a higher level of coverage, allowing a better support, therefore higher reimbursements of veterinary expenses. We see that the higher the level of coverage, the less hesitation in consulting a veterinarian. This is essential for a health problem to be taken care of as soon as possible because in many cases a early diagnosis can save an animal’s life.