The kitchen is the room in the home that most frequently requires a real repair. It is daily subjected to cooking fumes, grease, odors … in short, if you want to prepare good meals in a universe that is always impeccable and ultra-trendy, you don’t hesitate to play with the brush. You might as well reserve a small budget dedicated to renovating your kitchen. Let’s find out how much it costs if we stick to it or (if we are more skilled in cooking than in DIY) what are the prices charged by professionals.
Kitchen paint: the advantages
When we want give a facelift to your kitchen, it is better to opt for a wall paint suitable for this type of room than for a wallpaper. The reason is simple: a washable paint is easier to remove and degrease than wallpaper even if it is also washable. Choosing a paint specifically designed for the kitchen allows you to benefit from a long-lasting coating.
Painting for the kitchen has many other advantages, namely:
- Its many decorative assets because it comes in a multitude of colors and allows unsuspected material effects,
- Offered in satin, mat or gloss finish,
- Anti grease, it contains components that form a kind of protective film,
- Specially designed for wet rooms (kitchen, bathroom), it is anti mold because it contains a fungicide. It can therefore cope with humidity problems.
- Retains its qualities even after several washing sessions.
- Also suitable for the ceiling.
It is very easy to achieve excellent results in just a few hours, as the paint sets quickly. It is a solution that is frequently used to renovate your kitchen within the framework of home staging for example, that is to say when it is essential to refresh certain rooms of the house before selling his property.
Painting allows so many possibilities that we want to change it often. This allows decoration enthusiasts to apply every twelve months in their kitchen the pantone color of the year in order to follow the ultra trendy decoration codes to the letter …
Kitchen painting: how much does it cost?
Even if it means moving everything to change the paint, you might as well choose a good quality perfectly suited to this humid, greasy world and constantly exposed to large temperature ranges. In addition, a good quality paint is generally easier to install than an entry-level paint, and it has all the advantages that one seeks in a paint for wet rooms.
How much money can I expect if I do the painting work myself?
The price per M² of paint for kitchen varies according to the following criteria:
- The quality,
- The texture,
- The components,
- The effects,
- The coverage capacity,
- The brand.
We therefore have the choice among the following varieties:
- Glycero paint suitable for the kitchen: from 2 to 12 € / M²,
- Special kitchen renovation paint : from 3 to 11 € / M²,
- Acrylic paint for kitchen: from 2 to 6 € / M².
For example: if you want to repaint the four walls of your 4 x 5 m kitchen, to a height of 2 m, you have to buy enough to cover 40 M² in a single layer or 80 M² if you want to install a second coat of paint. The budget necessary to repaint your kitchen yourself under these conditions with the best quality of each type of paint suitable for this environment is:
- 480 € for a single layer of glycero,
- 440 € for a single coat of kitchen renovation paint,
- 240 € for a single coat of special kitchen acrylic paint.
To this should be added around fifty euros for brushes, rollers and cleaning products of the White Spirit type.
What are the prices charged by professionals for repainting my kitchen?
The prices of painting professionals vary. It is therefore recommended to ask for three or four quote in order to compare the prices practiced but also the services and the quality of the paint used for makeover a kitchen. The estimate of a professional painter includes:
- Supplies (including paint),
- Peeling off the wallpaper if necessary,
- The washing and preparation of the supports to be repainted (walls and / or ceiling),
- The caulking of the floor, furniture, worktops and appliances,
- Applying the paint (several coats including a finishing coat are necessary),
- End-of-work cleaning.
The price range applied for the installation of a painting on the ceiling is 47 to 50 € / h. It is 42 to 45 € / h to repaint the walls of the kitchen. Of course, these are tariffs for conventional work.
Depending on the configuration of the kitchen and the difficulties that may arise from it, the prices are likely to vary upwards. The service chosen also has an impact on the estimate. For example, if the customer wants bring a very designer touch to your kitchen, it may require a special finish. This type of work can be invoiced 150 to 180 € / h.