The swim spa is a piece of equipment that allows a pool to combine relaxation with a spa area and sports practice with the counter-current swimming device. This type of pool can be a whole which combines the two functions and a dual-zone space which distinguishes the two elements. If this kind of pond interests you, let’s take a look at its main characteristics, its mode of operation, its cost, its advantages and its disadvantages.
What is a swim spa? What are its characteristics ? How does it work ?
The swim spa is a piece of equipment that combines the comfort of the spa with the sports practice allowed by a swimming lane. The swim spa is therefore not designed for leisure activities with family or friends, but rather as a space dedicated to relaxation and swimming thanks to the counter-current effect.
The swim spa can consist of a single pool or a so-called dual-zone pool, with a relaxation area and a swimming area. It is equipment that can be above-ground, semi-underground or buried and installed indoors or outdoors without distinction.
The swim spa can measure between 4 and 11 meters on average to accommodate several people. For two, count 5 to 8 m², for four people 10 to 12 m² and for six people no less than 16 m². However, some models can hold up to 9 people in the spa area, for a pool depth that varies between 1 meter and 1.60 meters.
The swim spa includes hydromassage jets in variable quantity depending on its size since some pools have less than ten while others have more than a hundred. For dual-zone models, it is generally recommended to opt for a spa that allows the temperature of the two spaces to be adjusted differently, in order to gain in comfort of use. Likewise, some of these high-end equipment allow you to adjust the current strength in the part dedicated to swimming, to vary the colors of the lights, to diffuse essential oils, to diffuse music or videos, etc.
This equipment is ideal for people who want to relax after a swimming session without leaving their home. This pool has the advantage of allowing both activities in the same space, especially in a small garden.
What price for a swim spa?
The price of a swim spa is extremely variable from one model to another, because this type of equipment costs more or less depending on its size and characteristics, but it may require more or less additional costs in depending on its location. Indeed, work included, the swim spa can cost between 12,000 and 50,000 euros.
If the price range is wide, it is estimated that the budget for a model according to its size and its brand is around the following averages:
- Count between 15,000 and 17,000 euros for a 1 to 3-seater model.
- Allow 20,000 to 25,000 euros for a swim spa for 4 to 6 people.
- Your budget will be between 27,000 and 35,000 euros for equipment for 7 to 9 people.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the swim spa?
The advantages of the swim spa
The swim spa is an interesting piece of equipment that has certain advantages:
- Its small size allows it to be installed on small and cramped grounds that would not allow the installation of a traditional swimming pool and a spa.
- Multifunctional, it combines the comfort, relaxation and relaxation of the spa with the sport of swimming thanks to the counter-current system.
- Can be installed indoors, it is a piece of equipment that can be used year-round, in any season and at any time to relax or play sports at home.
- This healthy equipment is useful for taking care of one’s health and relaxing with delight. Recognized for its anti-stress properties, it helps maintain the figure and relieve bone and muscle pain. The hydromassage jets help stimulate blood circulation and the practice of swimming allows physical activity without injury.
- It can be very easy and quick to install if you go for an above ground model. Anyway, the earthworks are reduced compared to a swimming pool.
- It allows the practice of other sports activities, such as aquagym or aquabiking for example.
- Swimmers can practice their sport without constraint and relax after a session to better recover. With the adjustment of the counter-current device, the intensity of the session may vary.
The disadvantages of the swim spa
- The swim spa may lack aesthetics; it is not as beautiful as a real swimming pool.
- Swimming is limited to the practice of lengths and the artificial counter-current system may displease swimming enthusiasts at sea or in rivers.
- This equipment does not allow the practice of activity with family or friends as would a swimming pool.
- The swim spa requires a lot of energy to operate.