Are you planning to install an above-ground pool in your garden and you want to turn to a tubular swimming pool? This model of swimming pool is indeed very reliable, solid and relatively economical. Available in a wide range of sizes and shapes, it can satisfy all your desires for swimming, relaxation, play and sports. Let’s take stock of its features, advantages, disadvantages and price.
What are the characteristics of a tubular swimming pool?
Among the models of above-ground pools, the tubular swimming pool is among the most popular. It is a swimming pool whose structure consists of steel tubes which support a PVC pocket which constitutes the swimming pool. This type of structure makes it possible to have a large pool, deeper than other above-ground models, more stable, more durable and which can have various shapes and dimensions.
The tubular swimming pool is relatively easy and quick to assemble; good news knowing that this type of above-ground pool is only used during bathing and must be wintered outside of it. Indeed, at the end of the season, it must be emptied, cleaned, disassembled, folded and stored in a sheltered and suitable space until the following year. Its temporary use allows its installation without the need for specific administrative authorization.
Nevertheless, the tubular swimming pool is a large above-ground pool which requires the installation of a suitable filtration device to function well throughout the swimming season and to maintain quality water.
What are the advantages of a tubular swimming pool?
The tubular swimming pool is an above-ground pool which has undeniable advantages:
- It is quick and easy to install : only a few hours are enough to set up a tubular swimming pool since it is simply necessary to fit the tubes of its structure, to put its liner and PVC and to put it in water to ensure its stability.
- She is solid : it has the advantage of being particularly solid for an above-ground model, which makes it more durable than the others, provided it is properly maintained.
- Its price is attractive : accessible to small budgets, it allows you to swim alone, as a couple, with family or friends for an amount that varies between 100 and 3,000 euros.
- It is accessible in a wide range of sizes and shapes : rectangular, square, round or oval, the tubular pool can satisfy all tastes. Some are up to 10 meters long to meet the needs of swimming enthusiasts.
- It can be installed without prior administrative procedure : free of installation, it can be purchased and set up without formalities.
What disadvantages for a tubular swimming pool?
Despite its advantages, the tubular swimming pool is not without its drawbacks:
- A certain fragility : of course, the tubular swimming pool is one of the most solid above-ground pool models. Nevertheless, it remains fragile. If it is not properly installed, the liner can be weakened and easily punctured.
- Shallow depth : the larger models offer a maximum depth of 130 cm, which may be low for swimming by adults.
- It is painful to dismantle : Emptying the water bag, cleaning it, drying it and folding it carefully before putting it away for the winter is an unpleasant and relatively long operation. Unfortunately, this pain tends to discourage many who prefer to leave it in place all year round, which wears it out prematurely.
- It is not very aesthetic : we must admit that its framework lacks beauty. Granted, it’s only supposed to stay in place for a few months, but at a season when you spend the most time in your garden. Do not count on it to bring added value to your exterior.
What price for a tubular swimming pool?
If you want to install an above-ground swimming pool in your garden, the tubular swimming pool remains one of the most reliable models. The first small pools are available for a budget of 100 to 200 euros. For older children, count between 1,500 and 3,000 euros on average, depending on the brands, shapes and sizes.